Please do not forget to become a follower so you don't miss a thing! Thank you.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11

September 11 has always been a day of celebration in my family because my parents were married September 11, 1954.

Since 2001 it has been difficult to think of anything other than the twin towers tumbling down and all who lost their lives!  This day will be a day remembered for years, by our children's, children's, children.  It is a part of our American History. Just like December 7, 1941 the attack on Pearl Harbor by Japanese forces was declared as "a date which will live in infamy" by President Franklin D.Roosevelt. Just as V day May 8, 1945 will always be remembered as the end of World War II in the European theater.

Tomorrow all of the tragic images will come flowing back, I will remember all of the calls between the family members to make sure everyone was alright. There were a lot of "I love you's" that day.  We were all very worried because we didn't know when it would end.  I kept thinking to myself, is Pope AFB a target, is Fort Bragg a target, is Camp Legeune a target.  All of these military basis are less than 2 hours from my home.  But as the President ordered all planes to land, the terror eased off slightly. We were all in a daze as to how something like that could happen in our country.

So although tomorrow should be a day to remember this horrific act, it should be a day to pray for the families of the injured and deceased for they are still suffering. But let us not forget that tomorrow may have also have a happy meaning to someone, a birthday, an anniversary, etc. but may not feel comfortable celebrating it, lets tell them it is okay to celebrate it.

PS:  I wrote this last night & forgot to publish, silly me, I shouldn't be blogging at 2 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment