Please do not forget to become a follower so you don't miss a thing! Thank you.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Do you have Native American roots? Minnie Archer(1882 - 1950): Florence Pearce Dorman (1888 - 1986)

When I began researching my family history 3 years ago it was mostly to find my native american roots.  There were family "stories" on both sides that claimed we had Cherokee blood.  So I started with the two women said to have been Indian.  My great grandmother on my father's side and my great grandmother on my mother's side.  As I began my search starting with those women, I was able to find a good amount of info  about my great grandma Archer, but no evidence of a native american link.  Also, I found no links on my granny Dorman's lineage.  Through out the last few years I have discovered that there are many family stories that, once really researched, are in fact not true. Who do you think you are?

I started my research using Ancestry.com and quickly learned that some of the family trees (quite a few) are not proved or sourced, some trees are made solely from copying other trees with information that is not verified or sourced.  Don't fall into that trap.  Always source your facts, then your tree will be credible!

I received further proof of my lack of findings about native american roots.  I received my DNA test results from A.com.  47% British Isles,  53%  eastern & southern European.  So that is it, I got my answers right?  Oh no, I am hooked!  I have so many more unanswered questions.

Florence Pearce Dorman

Minnie Florence Archer


More to come ...

No comments:

Post a Comment